Beach Access Points in Destin
Coming to vacation in Destin? When you stay at our Cottages by the Bay, you will discover that the various beach access points in Destin are just a short drive away. With so many beach access points to choose from, you can explore Destin to its fullest. Take a look at our favorite beach access points in Destin below and use this guide to plan your vacation!
- O’Steen Public Beach Access – Located on Gulf Shore Drive just before Norriego Point. Often a secluded beach access location that’s great to visit with little ones.
- June White Decker Park – You’ll find June White Decker Park on the corner of Scenic Highway 98 and Restaurant Road; a small public beach that offers a great place to spread out your beach blanket and soak up some sun.
- Henderson Beach State Park – This state park requires guests to pay a small fee to visit, but it’s worth it to experience the sanctuary Henderson Beach provides. It’s also a great place to search for seashells or build sandcastles as you relax on the shore.
- Crystal Beach – Destin’s Crystal Beach community has several beach trails along Scenic Highway 98. You can find them at:
- Crystal Beach Beach Access
- Shirah Beach Access
- Pompano Beach Trail
- Tarpon Beach Access
- Barracuda Beach Access
All of these beach access points are open to the public, so you can swim and enjoy the soft white sand at your leisure!
If you’re traveling with kids, check out some of the calmer waters at Captain Leonard Destin Park Access. Captain Leonard Destin Park is just a short walk from our Cottages and provides a calming white stretch of beach with access to the Choctawhatchee Bay. It’s a safe space for the little ones to splash around while enjoying the warm sunshine.