DIY Seatbelt Pillows ~ Cottages by the Bay
Picture it: you’re on the road to your family reunion in Destin, the kids are tucked in the backseat, and you’ve just got a couple more hours to go. Then, the kids start to get cranky. It might be past naptime, and if you’ve ever gone on a road trip without a pillow, you’ll know that sleeping in the car is pretty tough. That’s where our DIY seatbelt pillows come in! All you need are a few simple items to turn those frowns upside down. Soon after, you’ll be arriving at the Cottages by the Bay!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Velcro strips with adhesive on one side
- Fabric glue
- Two sections of 12″x26″ fleece fabric
- Pillow stuffing
Preparation (about 30 minutes):
- Measure your fabric into two 12″ x 26″ pieces and cut accordingly.
- Place your pieces of fabric on top of each other. Take the top part off, and place the other piece to the side.
- Using your fabric glue, place a thin line on the edge of the fabric. Leave one of the shorter sides bare to allow for an opening for the stuffing!
- Wait approximately 15 minutes for the glue to fry. Then, flip the pillowcase inside out.
- On the unglued end, cut slits approximately 3″ long x 1″ wide along the length.
- Stuff the pillowcase!
- Tie and knot the slits that were previously cut to secure the stuffing.
- Using your velcro strips, line the sides of the long ends of the pillow.
- Secure your pillow using the velcro strips to any seatbelt! Remove and reattach to keep kids happy for the duration of your trip.
And voila! After using our DIY seatbelt pillow hack, you’ll arrive at your family reunion in Destin with happy, well-rested kids. Be sure to contact us today for more information on planning your Destin family reunion at our Cottages by the Bay!